Saturday, May 28, 2016

Japchae

I made Japchae for my friends today; it was the first time I've made it ever!


It looked pretty and it was tasty (J and S said so! lol!) but to me, it lacked that oomph. What was missing? Hmn ... I am really not sure.

I used Maangchi's recipe today, but substituted beef with chicken. Refer to the recipe here. Anyway, my Japchae needed much improvement - the noodles were too soft as I overcooked them. Though I followed the instructions on the package. Sigh.

Then, the noodles - vegetables and meat ratio wasn't quite right. Plus, I couldn't find spinach at the supermarket. And I needed to work on the marinade for my meat .... Try again next time, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...