Monday, June 6, 2016

Icom Square : Nasi Lemak

Lunch the other day was at Warong Nusantara. It was so crowded that there was hardly any place to sit. We finally grabbed a table inside near the glass panel ... and it was infested with flies! The sight really put me off! Eew.

Food wasn't really that impressive either.

Nasi minyak daging kerutuk, RM7.00

Nasi lemak ayam & kerutuk daging, RM10.00

Nasi kukus ayam berempah & kerutuk daging, RM10.00

The last 2 dishes had no beef in sight .... Care to explain why? What a rip off! 

Of the 3, I had the nasi lemak. The rice, I thought, was too soggy and was not aromatic enough. The sambal was forgettable, the chicken ordinary. I thought the one at the other corner between Chopstick Garden and Premier Food Junction. This one seemed to be better in quality, where the food was concerned.

Nasi Lemak With Fried Chicken, RM6.50
The rice here is more aromatic and fluffy, the sambal tastier; the chicken was crispy and flavourful - only too small that I could not have enough :)) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...