Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Woon Lam Cafe : Kueh Chap

Mom wanted to eat kueh chap. So I brought her to Woon Lam at Jalan Song Thian Cheok. The stall started operations only at 8.00 a.m., and since we were early, we had to wait a bit. Well, anyway, this stall is quite famous for letting their customers wait, probably because business is too brisk for them to cope with ....

Large bowl, RM6.00

What's nice about the kueh chap here? The portion of the kueh was quite small - so I could finish them all with ease. The texture of the thin slices of kueh was smooth - and it's quite pleasant to slurp it down. Next, the savoury broth was very light - not overpowering with the taste of spices at all. But the best thing about this bowl of kueh chap is the meats and offal - the meats and intestines were tender and yet they had bite, and so flavourful; the QQ pork skin curled up in spirals, how amazing those were! I wanted to eat this kueh chap again soon!


3 comments:

  1. There's one kueh chap stall at Kenyalang wet market, on the front row facing the "bridge" to Shell. Not sure if it is still operating. It has reasonable portions of meat from my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hans, I have no idea as I've never patronised the row of stalls facing the bridge .... but I'll check it out the next time I visit the market. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not entirely sure if it's still operating though. It's the last 3rd or 4th shop from the left. Opposite the drinks stall called Pung Fruit Juices or something. There's a laksa stall there too if not mistaken.



    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...