Friday, September 15, 2017

319 Chin Siang Seafood

When old people give directions, they tend to be quite muddled. Second Uncle was telling the folks that the shop was "opposite the old 100% Discount Store behind his house" and that the shop was called "太湾小食". It was a "high class" shop, not an "economy rice" shop. And the most important thing for them was that the food was "cheap" and yummy.

I wasn't there when this conversation too place. So I had no idea whether Second Uncle was accurate in his descriptions or that somehow the meaning got lost in translation .... or that Mom simply added her own information when she was telling me about this place.

I searched and searched online but found no shop called "太湾小食" at that area. I knew for sure that there was a shop called "台湾小粥" there, though. So after work one day, I drove over to the area ... and found a restaurant called 319 Chin Siang Seafood. I knew for sure that Second Uncle was referring to this shop.

I brought the folks the other night for dinner ....

Cantonese Fried Kueh Tiaw, RM6
Huge portion, lots of noodles and I loved the taste of the gravy; I thought the ingredients were also generous

That plate of noodles was a bit of an extra ... heh .... I just wanted to try the noodles here. We ordered a few other dishes to eat with rice .... 

Signature tofu
Bite-sized tofu were fried to perfection, lots of ingredients in the gravy.... tasted really good

Midin with Red Wine
The red wine was thick, but a tad sourish; the vegetables were crisp and not overfried 

Signature fish fillet
Tasted a bit like 糖醋 or sweet and sour style of fish fillet; very crispily fried fish ... 

Lamb with onion and scallion
Again, the portion was generous .... found this particular dish to be a bit salty ... 

With 2 rice and a pot to tea .... we paid RM69.00 for our meal. We thought it was pretty cheap. We've not had a great meal outside for a long time. This shop had great ambience, nice food and reasonable prices. Would be back to try the other items ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...