Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Bali : Day 8

I couldn't wait to wear my new Barong shirt that morning! It was large and cooling. Pairing it with my denim shorts, I thought I looked very much liked I was on a summer holiday. Heh.

We were ready for breakfast by 7.00 a.m.; we would be taking our sweet time to enjoy our breakfast, since we would be checking out and leaving only at 10.30 a.m. The breakfast buffet at Eden Hotel was rather impressive - plenty of cooked food, fruits and salads, breads and pastries, cereals, coffee and tea. Free flow. Eat as much as you like. We spent 2 hours here, eating many rounds .... lol ....

Round 1 
Hot coffee, mango juice, French toast with maple syrup and vanilla cream sauce, fresh greens with vinaigrette dressing, coleslaw, pastrami, cheese and a fig 

Round 2 
More salad for me, Lyonnaise potato, tempe, a chicken sausage, Thai-style chicken, and fried beehoon ....  

We sat at the balcony ..... 

It was a relaxing and enjoyable breakfast for us that morning ..... 

Final round of Indonesian Mie Goreng ... 

We were so full after breakfast and decided to go out for some last minute shopping .... 

A sign at  stall nearby the hotel .... 

After about 20 minutes, I got tired of shopping - the stalls essentially sold the same things at outrageously high prices ..... my friends went on walking while I went back to the hotel to rest for a bit while my friends continued. At 10.30, we checked out, paid for our shuttle taxi to the airport. It cost only IDR30,000 per pax, but the airport was only 10 minutes away.  

Queuing up to check-in took about 45 minutes .... sigh ..... but after that ... everything was a breeze. While waiting to board our flight, we overhead someone saying that there were some t-shirts sold at half price at the Hard Rock shop .... Curious, we went to check it out and all of us ended up buying a shirt each .... 

My Hard Rock Cafe Bali top cost IDR190,000 after discount

Heh ... my rocker shirt 

Boarding ....

Chicken Masala
I got the last serving of chicken masala .... there was only vegetarian food after that; we were seated on Row 8 and even then, they'd run out of chicken ....

Our stopover in Kuala Lumpur wasn't long. We only had time to buy some bread ... before we had to board the plane back to Kuching ....

Pizza and a muffin and soybean drink ...

Flight as on time, bags came out real quickly ... I reached home before 9.00 p.m. End of holiday. :))

My regrets for this trip:
1) Letting J insist on ground arrangement when it wasn't necessary. We could have saved a couple of hundreds of RM.
2) Missing out Pura Besakih - the mother of all temples .... sigh ...

We actually want to come back to Bali ... and next time, we would want to go round the island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...