Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dinner @ Dynasty Hotel II : Thank You Prefects

Yesterday evening, my school organised a thank you dinner in honour of the outgoing school prefects. We wanted to acknowledge the students' contribution to the school.

We had the dinner held at Dynasty Hotel.The kids wanted a buffet, instead of a sit-down dinner banquet.

There were an assortment of salads and dressings.

A fresh assemble of pineapple and cucumber pieces

Crisp green salad greens which consists of lettuce, tomatoes,
cucumbers, onions and green peppers

Potato salad

Steamed cauliflower, broccoli and carrots

Assorted Dressing

The mains were chicken curry and potatoes, beef rendang, bok choy with mushrooms, steamed fish in hot and spicy sauce, and fried prawns in soy sauce.


Among all the dishes, I liked the fish the most! Soft, and sweet and spicy.

There was also mee mamak & fried rice.

My platter

Then, there were the desserts.

Sweet and juicy watermelon

Sweet papaya

Crunchy starfruit

And the yummy sweets were not to be missed.

Creme Caramel

Coconut Tart

Banana Cake

A delectable sponge cake with sinful cream and kiwi topping

It was great to see the students enjoying themselves away. I, on the other hand, had a great time catching up with my colleagues. In the midst of our busy schedules at school, there is just no time to talk about the lighter things in life. So, it was a great opportunity for us to relax and unwind.

Oh yes, I even came home with a hamper, thanks to the lucky draw!!

My hamper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...