Thursday, September 24, 2009

Eating @ Food Bazaar The Spring Kuching

Aunt brought me shopping for clothes today at her regular boutique. I bought 2 working shirts and a pair of shorts.

We then headed to The Spring for more shopping. Hungry, we dropped by Food Bazaar to have a late lunch.

Aunt incited me to try the Dolsot Bibimbap, though I was skeptical. The Korean food outlet was operated by Seoul Garden, a Korean restaurant at 3rd Mile Kuching.

Dolsot Bibimbap

For RM13.00, I get a bowl of rice with topping in a heated metal bowl. Together with it, there was a saucer of sauce, some kimchi, some surimi-stick salad thingy, and 2 mini slices of watermelon.

Bibimbap Close-up

The rice was served piping hot in the heated bowl, and when stirred, the egg cooked real quickly. It was topped with some shredded pickled radish, bean sprouts, shredded shitake, minced chicken, shredded surimi stick, and some shredded greens.

Well, to me, the taste of this particular Dolsot Bibimbap was quite forgettable. Nothing to shout about. In fact I would not recommend it. I remember eating better Dolsot Bibimbap in Miri.

Aunt ordered the Fried chicken noodles from Madam Tang's. It is blanched kolo mee noodles topped with fried chicken and some mustard greens. The noodles are drenched in some clear-looking broth. Aunt looked at the noodles disappointedly.

Fried Chicken Noodles

Accompanying soup

However, the noodles was surprisingly tasty - springy, moist and full of flavour. I liked it a lot more than the Dolsot Bibimbap. Eat the noodles with pickled red chillies. Simply yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...