Sunday, November 9, 2014

Lunch @ The Sarawak Club

My colleague J invited me for lunch at the Hornbill Restaurant at The Sarawak Club. I went with her ... only to find that she had booked a table for twelve. My other colleagues were also there ..... and throughout lunch, I was glad to get to know them a little better. Back at work, I seldom interact with them, being occupied with lessons and planning for lessons mostly. So it was a great lunch, with good food and good company.

Sizzling Beef
The beef was really tender, and the marinade and sauces for the dish was awesome and balanced in flavours. Loved it.

Buttered Prawns
Lovely medium sized prawns .... crisp and succulent and beautifully coated with a buttery sauce; a signature dish here ... and very satisfyingly yum

 Beancurd with Minced Chicken
Again, a beautifully executed dish; the egg tofu was soft and creamy and melted in the mouth; I loved the bits of chopped preserved radish used to cook the mince sauce .... delicious. 

 Steamed Pomfret
The fish was large, and very sweet and fresh; a bit of pounded ginger to accompany it sufficed; only that the sauce tended to gel when the dish got cold ..... 

Beansprouts and Salted Fish
I liked the salty pieces of deep-fried fish that accompanied this vegetable

 Baby Romaine Stirfry
I loved this dish! The vegetables were not over-cooked and were crispy; but I loved the subtle flavour of fermented tofu used to flavour it, and I loved that it was fiery spicy. 

 Cuttle fish with Dried peppers
This was a very spicy dish as well .... but the cuttle fish piece were tender and crunchy. Loved it.

The service was a bit slow, even though there weren't many people eating .... but overall, I enjoyed the food here very much. Thanks to J for the treat. :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...