Saturday, April 4, 2015

Get Well Soon, Grandma

Grandma was unwell and admitted to the hospital .... so I went to visit her today. I stayed the whole afternoon there with my Third Aunt, accompanying her and attending to her needs.

I grabbed a quick dinner before going home. We went to Hui Sing Hawker Centre ....

RM2.80 for the drinks 
Iced lemonade, and iced winter melon tea

RM4.00
Char Kueh Tiaw with cockles

This is supposed to be the best of Kuching-style char kueh tiaw, ordered from stall number 15 Palm Road. Well, a long time ago, these hawkers used to sell near a large drain, just opposite Miramar at Palm Road. Then, they were relocated to Hui Sing Hawker Centre.

The kueh tiaw was aromatic - charred, with very prominent flavours of garlic; I found it a bit greasy, and lacking in texture, the cockles weren't a lot and some were juicy. Simple and good - but could have been better!!!!

Be prepared to wait for a while though ..... :))


3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the char kueh tiaw is the legend. Last time the mom used to fried , but now, her son take over. I miss the mom fried kueytiaw ...It may looks messy but nice to eat. Lol. Oh ya, next time u should try the drink from stall no 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction. Not stall no2, but no 21 (ah Meng) . The popular drink is metahon and white lady. No regret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello PCP84, thanks for reading. Indeed stall no. 21; my friend was also telling me about it. I'll try the infamous drinks next time. :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...