Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dinner @ Marina Sea Horse Bistro II

In glutton mode as I was feeling hungry throughout the day. I could eat a HORSE!! And therefore, the Marina Sea Horse Bistro II was the venue for dinner that night. This outlet is located at Brighton Commercial Centre, near Park City Everly Hotel.

I loved the pizzas here! We ordered 2 different 5-inch pizzas to share.

 Marinana Pizza, RM10.00
A very delicious thin crust pizza on a sweet tomato base and melted cheese, with sprinkles of mussels, squids and prawns. Highly recommended.
 
 Pepperoni Pizza, RM10.00
Equally delicious thin crust pizza, with a sweet tomato sauce, cheese and beef pepperoni. It was also very enjoyable.
 
Hong Kong Style Fried Kway Teow, RM6.00
I liked the smoky flavour of the flat rice noodles. The taste and consistency of the egg sauce was good. The use of ingredients were generous - with slivers of black shiitake mushrooms, prawn, fish cake slices and lots of mustard greens. 

 Mixed Vegetables With Seafood, RM7.00
Hmn .. lots of cauliflower which I did not really fancy. And not much of seafood in there except for squids. So probably it would be more appropriate to name it "Cauliflower with Squids". ;p
Anyway, the vegetables were crunchy and the gravy was tasty. It would be alright to eat this with rice.
 
Top Shell With Onions, RM18.00
Not bad as the top shells were chewy and flavoured with onions and chillies, but I'd prefer the sauce to be a bit of tangy.

 Chicken Wing, RM12.00
Hmn. I loved the chicken wings as they were well-marinated and very tasty with a very subtle hint of five-spice powder in there. It was served with a lime soy and chilli dipping, which in fact complimented the chicken pieces very well. Loved it!! 

I like this place. I like the food. I WILL BE BACK!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi there , what is the opening hours ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, according to the menu, it's 9.00 a.m. to 12.30 a.m. We were told that set lunches are served on weekdays.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...