Saturday, July 5, 2014

Life Cafe

I saw a group of people barbecuing at Matang Family Park and caught a whiff of the aromatic smoky scent of food cooking .......

What do you want to eat for lunch? AT asked me as we drove away from Matang Family Park.

BBQ, I replied.

AT said that would be difficult to get ..... lols.

We drove into town and were along Jalan Keretapi, and decided to eat at Life Cafe. Lots of people there at lunch hour ....

Honey Lemon, RM4.90
I loved the drink very much ..... a refreshing, soothing and cooling thirst quencher. 

Life's Milk Tea
AT found the taste strange, but I quite liked the milk tea. It's not too thick and not too diluted. I could actually taste the milk in the tea concoction. 

Chicken Chop with Life's Special Sauce, RM15.90
I would say that it was a bit pricey, huh? The portion of the chicken was not that much .... but the meat was tender and coated with a crispy layer of batter ... the sauce wasn't really that special, just concocted using fermented soy beans among some of the ingredients. And I did not like the miso soup. 

Served with cabbage pickle and miso soup
The cabbage was crunchy and tangy and tasty, quite refreshing I would say and therefore I loved it.  

Classic Spicy Noodle, RM7.90
The transparent noodles were rather unique .... it's somewhat like a thicker and more elastic version or the ordinary glass noodle, quite smooth and pleasant was the texture. I just did not quite like the flavours in the dish .... it tasted pretty strange to me, most probably because I was not accustomed to the intense flavour of chilli oil. The dish had a slight tangy flavour as well ....  

Life's Spicy Wonton, RM8.90
I also did not quite like the taste of the chilli oil used in this dish .... a bit sourish, I suspected that it's tossed in the same ingredients as the previous dish.

There were 3 dishes for the 2 of us to share ..... a bit too much. Hmn .... AT reprimanded me going overboard. Lol, cause in the end, he was the one who had to finish them all. Oops. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...