Saturday, November 29, 2014

Lunch @ Life Cafe

The food had not made much of an impression previously. Read here. But I know of some people who really loved to eat here, namely my students and a few of my colleagues as well.

But today, I did find something that  liked. Finally. Lol.

My colleague PH had bought a groupon voucher for 4 classic noodle sets and 2 side dishes at Life Cafe. There were 4 types of noodles to choose from : Classic spicy, classic dry, classic Shanghai or classic ginger.

I chose to have the classic spicy noodles. Apparently, I could also opt for the level of spiciness for my noodles ... and I chose to have mine at the medium level.

I much enjoyed the springy texture of the noodles, and I also found it tastier than the signature glass vermicelli or (Q-fen) because the wheat noodles could absorb the flavours better. The level of spiciness was not challenging at all for me. :P 

What I liked very much was the vegetables .... they were superbly crunchy and therefore, very enjoyable to eat! 

Wow! So green and so crunchy. Love them so much!! 

And because we spent more than RM10.00, we could order this matcha red bean drink for only RM2.90. 

Hmn .... a bit sweet .... and the matcha did not come through very prominently, but I did like the powdery red beans that were inside the cup.

All meals were served with ....  

Seaweed soup

Pickled cabbage ...
Loved this sweet and vinegary crunchy vegetables! 

So apparently, I was quite impressed with my meal today ..... and I had even bought myself a groupon for the same meal. I will be bringing D for lunch one of these days ..... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...