Monday, September 27, 2010

In Sabah - Part Three

We spent the Day 3 having sports festival at a primary school here.



After sports ended and evaluation completed, it was already 1.00 p.m. We had a free afternoon, so I spent my time shopping for souvenirs. I bought Tenom coffee, which Sabah is famous for.

I also bought pearls. There is a large jewellery and souvenir shop at Sinsuran, where the backpacker's inn is. So, my colleague and I spent some time there, choosing our wares. Fresh water pearls were much affordable, compared to salt water ones. Fresh water pearls are obtained from freshwater mussels, and not oysters. The shapes of the pearls may be irregular - flat, elongated or lopsided.

Anyway, not willing to spend heftily on jewellery, I finally selected a fresh water pearl necklace, and a salt water pearl bracelet.

I was quite happy with my purchase. ;p

We left for KK Terminal 2 airport early the next morning. Check-in was quite unpleasant as the computers were down. We were the first in the line, and we waited about 40 minutes to settle everything. The Airasia officer was rather hot-tempered, swearing profanities in front of me, my colleagues and my young students. Sure, he was mad with the computers. But there was no need to display it. It's rather unprofessional. If I had caught his name on his name tag, I would surely lodge a complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...