Monday, September 30, 2013

Chilling Out @ Sky Garden

I woke up that morning and felt a slight discomfort in my right eye. There was just a teeny burning sensation, and when I looked into the mirror, I saw that it was red. Conjunctivitis? I was not sure. Throughout the day, my eye teared, and it blurred my vision. There was also a bit of discharge from the eye. Yet, I did not go to the doctor's. I had Optrex in my disposal and I used that to relieve my discomfort.

The next morning, I woke up and I could hardly open my right eye because of a thick crust coating my eye lids. It was no longer burning and I felt better, though. But later in the day, the eye itched ... and so I decided to go get some medication from the doctor's. 

I went to 3 GPs ... but they were all closed. I then headed to a private hospital outpatient clinic. There was not many people, and I did not wait for long for my turn. The consultation? Took even a shorter time. I barely warmed the seat before I went out again. It WAS conjunctivitis alright. Confirmed by doc. 

Anyway, I paid for the bill and went to collect my medication at the dispenser's .... when I saw a familiar figure in there. AT. My friend.

"Why are you working today?" I asked. It was weekend after all. 

"What are you doing here?" He then looked through my medical papers, and helped the pharmacist to dispense to me my medication. Busybody, eh?

We then went for a drink. It being weekend, Starbucks and CBTL were packed with customers ... and it was also quite noisy. So we went to Meritz Sky Garden on the 17th floor. It was practically empty, a better place to talk, right? 

 Vanilla milkshake & Iced cucumber tea
AT always opted for something safe. He hated cucumbers. But I wanted to try the item on promotion - the Iced cucumber tea. 

Well, I'm glad I did, because I LOVED the tea very much. At the bottom of the glass was the Monin cucumber syrup in the prettiest shade of green. Then, over it was poured in tea in the lightest of yellow colour. It looked so pretty. I muddled the drink and had my first taste .... and I had fallen in love immediately with its thirst-quencher. The drink was iced cold, light and with the clean, refreshing flavour of the cucumbers. It was a lovely drink indeed. I'd have another one without any hesitation! I urged AT to have a sip, but the thought of cucumbers gave him the shivers. Silly man! 

Kiwi Cheesecake ...

Hmn .... I did not like that shade of green on the cheese cake .... The thick green part of the cake had a mousse-like texture; the taste of the cheese was rather mild, though the kiwi flavour was quite distinctive. I did not quite like this cake, actually. 

We caught up over our drinks .... had not seen him since June. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...