Monday, December 9, 2013

Black Forest Chicken Rice

AT picked me up near 10.00 a.m. ... and we were going for brunch. So in the car, we brainstormed over places to go and things to eat, before AT finally decided on Black Forest. He said he liked the chicken rice there.

I had no idea where the cafe was ... till we reached the place and I realised that this was where my friend V had been talking about all along. She often told me that the chicken rice here was nice, and she had it before or after her facial treatments at the beauty centre nearby. 

There was steamed chicken and deep-fried chicken. I opted for the steamed chicken.

Steamed chicken rice, RM4.50
A ball of steamed rice, steamed chicken on a separate platter, and the mandatory chilli condiment. There was also a bowl of lotus-root soup to accompany the rice set. 

Now, the rice was very well-done - it was soft and fluffy, and yet not soggy. It was flavoured with deep-fried garlic, and that made it uniquely fragrant. The chicken, was rather smooth and moist, and I liked it with the soy and sesame sauce that it was drenched in. The chilli was good too, and I could have lots of it because it was not that spicy for me. The soup was sweet, and it has pieces of lotus root in it. Quite pleasant to drink, really. 

My verdict? This chicken rice was indeed not bad at all. Recommended. If you don't want to eat chicken rice, there is a noodle stall at the front of the shop selling breakfast regulars like kolo mee and laksa. I think I would try those next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...