Monday, November 28, 2016

Day 6 : DMK - KUL - KCH

It was our last day. Most of my packing was done already. I got ready to go out at 6.00 a.m. for the final round of shopping! And yes, I did score 2 skirts, 1 shorts and 1 blouse - all THB150 per piece. I was also ecstatic because I managed to buy another 6 pieces of Siam Banana from one of the 7-11 outlets! They were THB12.00 per piece, and quite difficult to buy because tourists snap them up like hot cake literally.

Then, it was back to the hotel for breakfast, and after which, I stuffed everything into my bag and checked out. Our ride to Don Muang International Airport took about 40 minutes, with mild traffic jam at certain stretches of the journey.

I wanted to get my VAT refund, and to do that, I had to get my form verified and stamped at a small office at the airport. Next, we went to queue at the check-in counter. Checking-in took a long time - I think we stood in queue for at least 40 minutes. The official made sure to check us in one by one, and she made sure each of us had only 2 pieces of checked-in luggage not exceeding 30kg, as per Malindo's requirement.

After that, we went into the departure hall, and right after the immigration, there is a counter where I collected my refund of THB250. Yayy!

Our flights were on time and we reached KLIA at 3.05 p.m. local time.

Waiting for our plane to arrive at Don Muang Airport

On the flight back .... seriously, Malindo isn't very creative in the snacks department

Some goodies I bought ...

The yellow one on the right was bought here in Kuching .... the other 2 I'd not seen before locally. They had sourish blueberry and strawberry flakes in them. 

I loved these super spicy Bento Squid Snack. Yum! 

Bought these flavoured seaweed .... not much cheaper than here in Kuching  though ...

Dried mango and crispy pork 

We came back happy, happy that we have bought so much stuff at reasonable prices ... lots of fun with the group, lots of enjoyment, lots of yummy food. Looking forward to the next trip with the gang.

Bangkok, I WILL BE BACK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...