Friday, December 30, 2016

KIX to KUL

I woke up at 5.00 a.m. and got ready; my friends got up even earlier at 4.30 a.m. We were such early birds. Anyway, I got washed and changed and squeezed the rest of my stuff into my bag - all that done within half an hour.

 Breakfast, ¥268
I had a simple breakfast of coffee and sandwich in the kitchen; sandwich was from the convenience store, but it was quite tasty. I liked it and would miss it even! Lol! 

And then we set off for Nankai Namba Station, where we bought rapid express tickets to the airport; it cost ¥1130 per person, with seats allocated. The train departed at 7.00 a.m. from Platform 9 of Nankai Namba, and the entire trip took only 34 minutes with a few stops along the way.

We hurried into the airport terminal because it was just so windy and freezing cold outside. We queued up at the check-in counters right away. and we were the first few people in the line. At 8.00 a.m., the counters opened, and our check-in procedure only took only about 10 minutes. We used the rest of the time to explore the airport. And at the last minute, we bought more mochi and chocolates to bring home. 

Our flight was supposed to be at 11.00 a.m., but it was slightly delayed for about 30 minutes; and flight time was 6 hours and 55 minutes. It was a long, boring flight. So I entertained myself by watching Pinocchio on my device - I watched 4 episodes before I ran out of battery ....

We were flying Air Asia and we did not pre-book our meals .... 

I ate this onigiri which I bought at the airport; turned out that I did not like it because I found it too dry and with too little filling ... 

Bought another Japanese sandwich at the airport, to eat together with Airasia coffee, RM6.00 and potato snack, RM7.00

We landed at 5.35 p.m. Malaysian time; the plane parked at the last bay right at the end, and it was a long, long walk to the terminal. We bought more chocolates at the duty free shops ..... 

And the first taste of home? 

Nasi Lemak with Chicken Curry

Char Koay Teow With Fish Cake

 White Coffee

We had our meal at PappaRich; the food wasn't bad .... just pricey by Malaysian standards.  Our connecting flight was at 7.45 p.m. and fortunately, that was on time. End of holiday for 2016. :))

I'm thinking of researching my next holiday location ..... ;P

1 comment:

  1. after all the Japanese food, all we want is some local taste of our beloved nasi lemak & char kuey teow! yummmzzzz...I always craved for these whenever I was abroad.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...