Thursday, August 20, 2026

Entry @ 20.08.2028

I find that I get angry and annoyed very often these days. A lot of things can trigger it. And last Sunday, even breakfast angered me. I went to Fu Lok Noodle House at TT3 and ordered a cup of coffee and a kaya toast. 


Coffee, RM4.50 and kaya toast RM4.50
I was shocked because there was just one slice of bread served. One slice, cut into 2 to spread the kaya and butter, and then toasted. I was angry because it looked pathetic. And I paid RM4.50 for that miserable slice of toast. I would never ever order it again, but the worse thin was, it had spoiled my mood on a beautiful Sunday morning. I vowed never to order the toast here again.

Claypot noodles, RM11 
The claypot noodles used to be RM10. Now it was RM11. That's a whopping 10% increase. But at least the noodles were tasty and had a lot of ingredients in it. My mom always enjoyed it, and that was why I always brought her here for the noodles. Just don't order the toast ever again. 

On Monday, my colleague A cooked beef ribs curry and brought some to school .... 


She even brought rice so that we could eat the curry with it ... 

Beef curry and rice
I tried some, and found the homecooked curry to be very good; the meat was so tender that it fell off the bones. The spices were also well-balanced, very tasty indeed. Campur-campur, she said, when we queried about the brand of curry powder she used. Heh ... my colleagues were very generous and loved to share food. 

My colleague A peeling jackfruit or nangka from another colleague L's backyard .... 
The entire staffroom was perfumed with the sweet heady smell of the jackfruit. Luckily most people did not mind the strong smell. 

Fresh and juicy nangka ....
 
On Monday after work, we went back to Cafe Cafe. It was because after our meal the other day, we got a 50% off voucher. So we had to make use of this opportunity. We invited 5 retirees from our school - C, T, M, N and L. It was great fun to catch up with the retirees from time to time. The last makan session was in June, so it had been two months since we met up. 

Some drinks we ordered .... 

Apple juice, RM14.90 & Red Devil, RM18.90 - a concoction of beetroot, apple, carrot and ginger

Pineapple Passion Smoothie, RM19.90

We ordered some food to share. Funnily, the restaurant ran out of chicken, so we could not order anything with chicken ... except satay .... 

Potato Tuna Salad, RM22.90 

Madurese Chicken Satay, RM18.90

Claypot Kueh Tiaw with Beef, RM28.90

Fettuccine Alfredo with Grilled Norwegian Salmon, RM28.90

Thai-style Pineapple Fried Rice, RM28.90

Chao Chai Big Beehoon Soup with Prawns, RM48.90


The food and drinks here were alright. The portions were really huge. But the best thing was that everything was half priced! So we paid only RM20 per pax, and we got to enjoy an expensive drink and a lot of food. Heh .... I skipped dinner that night. 

The next morning, I could not resist eating kolo meehoon .... 

Kolo Meehoon, RM5
I think Mui Chin's kolo meehoon is one of the best in town - the secret ingredient is the chopped dongcai that gave extra umami to the noodles .... 

That day, we had to run 'elections' in school. The event was scheduled nationwide in all Form 6 secondary schools to select student representatives for the Form 6 students' council. This was already the second year for the elections to be held. This year, I think I appreciated the process a bit more, and I could understand how it would serve as a platform for students to understand the democratic processes and leadership development. These students had not voted before although some of them had reached the eligible voting age. 


So we tried to simulate the real voting process by setting up the polling centre, appointing polling clerks amongst the teachers, preparing the ballot papers, a ballot box, and so on. The students were told to show their ICs for verification purposes before they proceeded to check the ballot paper. We also counted the votes on the spot and announced the results straightaway. 

Durian from Fifth Aunt's orchard ... 
When I got home that day, I found out that Fifth Aunt had sent over some durians from her orchard .... I think there were just ordinary durian kampung, but it was yummy regardless ... 

On Wednesday morning, my newly-appointed superior bought us .... 

Taka Buttermilk Cheese Cake 
I think it was my first time eating this cake, and found it to be quite nice. The texture was soft and light, slightly salty and quite fragrant. 

She was so glad that the voting process went ok, and thought she wanted to reward us with cake. Heh. Then another colleague announced that she wanted to bring laksa the next day since both the students from her form class got elected. 'Mak YB', she called herself. Lol .... 

And she really brought laksa today .... 

Laska

Raya cakes from A's freezer ... lol ... 

Fried rice 
Not sure who brought the fried rice ... hmn .... 

Well, today is also my birthday. I don't like to be celebrated, perhaps because I do not like attention. So I did not tell my staffroom about it. If you know, you know. If you don't, I won't tell. So my friends who know about it will send me well-wishes via text messages. I truly thank them for remembering. Mom and I will just got our for a meal tonight. 

As I am typing now, school is officially closed this afternoon with immediate effect, and tomorrow also. Classrooms are moved online due to the haze. Darn. I don't like the hassle of online classes. Moreover, the instruction for us to work from school or work from home is not released yet. I would not want to wfs because there is no internet at school. Anyway, we continue to wait for further instructions ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entry @ 20.08.2028

I find that I get angry and annoyed very often these days. A lot of things can trigger it. And last Sunday, even breakfast angered me. I wen...