Sunday, May 10, 2009

Jing Wood Cafe, Miri : Economical Western Fare

To me, the café looks shabby with mismatched plastic tables and chairs. The workers look unkempt. Many times, I pondered about the sanitary conditions of this place.

Yet this café seems to be always packed, especially during peak dining hours. Two bottles of tomato and chilli sauces grace almost every table there.

 On every table  ...


Walking past the tables, one would see diners sawing grilled or broiled meats with gusto before popping bite-sized pieces into their mouths.

This place is none other than Jing Wood Café at the Pelita Commercial Centre.

When I feel like having some Western food, I will automatically think of having a meal at Jing Wood Café’s Western food stall. For merely RM10.00, I can treat myself to a satisfying meal of lamb chop.

Lamb chop @ Jing Wood Cafe

The platter of lamb chop is doused in sauce, and it comes with a serving of baked beans, French fries, some greens with thousand island dressing (I think??), and a dinner roll. As you can see, the vendors are quite generous with the meat. That definitely satisfies any carnivore out there in Miri.

Well, I strongly recommend this unpretentious cafe should you need to satisfy your craving for Western food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...