Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spinach Soup

Given my hectic schedule, I refuse to spend a lot of time slaving in the kitchen, especially on week nights. What I like is easy-to-cook, yet wholesome meals, and it usually comprises rice with one vegetable and meat dish.



I like to eat spinach. It's got to be one of my favourite vegetables. It's a vegetable that I regularly cook for myself. I like it stir-fried with some garlic and anchovies. Sometimes, I will cook it into a soup.

It only takes a jiffy to whip up spinach soup. Pluck the spinach leaves. Wash and rinse. Wash and rinse a second time. Chop up some garlic. Saute garlic with a bit of peanut oil. Drop the leaves in. Stir it. Add water. Throw in some minced pork. Cover till cook. Open lid. Add seasoning - usually I use some fish sauce. Dish up and serve with white rice.


It's healthy and yummy and a fast meal on a week night, or any other night for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...