Friday, May 8, 2009

A Gentle Plea

(Pic source : http://www.ors.act.gov.au/fairtrading/images/door.jpg)

Slam
Ouch
Do you have to be so rough, dear
Now my whole body hurts
Look, I'm all swollen now
Gentler, will you
Don't hurt me
I'm not sure
how long I can serve you
if you keep on
bullying me
banging me
against my bony frame

I desire
to wrap my arms around you
keep you safe and warm
protect you against
the pressures of day
the stealth of the night
to still your fears
to conceal your pain

Please
do handle me with
tender loving care
Caress me with
your bare hands
Lest I bruise
wounded and hurt
And
we cannot live together in
sweet harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...