Wednesday, October 28, 2009

No Ad Hoc Activities, Please!

I am feeling a bit frustrated at a certain unit at the education department, which does things in a very ad hoc manner. I suppose 101 reasons account for this type of working style, mostly due to the lack of funds and perhaps because there are just too many projects and programmes to oversee.

This year, there is a students' training programme that has yet to be carried out. As we approached the end of the school year, this particular unit is probably clambering, looking for ways and means to pull through this training. However, there isn't much time left. 3 more weeks to go before the end of the school term.

The frustrating thing is that I've made travel plans!!!! So, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, postpone all activities till suitable time and date!!!

My colleague will be attending the meeting for the training programme in the capital tomorrow. For some reason, I am not called for the meeting. It is most probably due to cost-cutting. Or perhaps my contribution of ideas is not valued. Or perhaps I speak too much of my mind that they would rather not have me ;p.

Anyway, I'd worked really hard at the programme in 2007. But somehow, it led me nowhere. Worst, I felt that my effort was not recognised. All I felt was much angst and frustration at certain individuals who run the programme. It did not help that they gave me negative feedback about how I carried myself when in their presence. In 2008, I was again disillusioned. This year, I vowed to do minimal. I wonder all the time when this programme will be scrapped off.

Sitting here in my office now, I am really worried about the outcome of the meeting. I'm worried about not being able to make it for my trip. I'm worried that Fourth Aunt, who will be travelling with me, will be disappointed. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, I really hope whatever it is, it will not affect my travel plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...