Monday, May 24, 2010

Manicure & Pedicure

Well, 2 months ago, I was strolling at a shopping mall, and was coaxed by my friend to buy a manicure and pedicure voucher. Since then, however, I had been procrastinating, finding myself really lazy to visit the nail salon. The voucher will expire the end of this month, so I forced myself to get my nails done today, by hook or by crook.

There was only an attendant at the shop when I went at 3.00 p.m. this afternoon. She looked very young and she could very well be one of my students! I asked her how long it would take. Her reply was two hours. One hour for the toes and another for the fingers. It was mighty long to me, longer than I had expected it to be, in fact.

The attendant started scrubbing my feet and legs, all the way up to the knees. The she rubbed off the dead skin and callouses on the feet. After that, the feet was pat dry and cuticle lotion was applied. Next, she removed the cuticles before filing the nails. The cuticles were pushed back and then trimmed. This was followed by filing the nails to your desired shape. Cuticle oil was applied, and finally, base coat, nail colour and top coat were applied on the toenails. The same process applied to the fingernails, except that they were not scrubbed for dead skin.

There are many shades of nail colour to choose from. I prefer to go for the neutral tone. For my fingers, I chose OPI P02, a colour named Nomad's Dream from the OPI Painted Desert collection. It is a shimmery pink, coral, tan that is suitable for every day wear. I love how it changes colour, depending on where the light hits it. It is so pretty that I can't stop looking at my nails!


For my toenails, I chose OPI C82, a shade named Niagara Falls from the OPI Canadian Collection. It is a mauve, rose, mocha with a frost finish. Love it lots!!!


Well, this nail salon that I went to is called CherNails, located at Bintang Commercial Centre. There is a newly-opened outlet at Pelita Commercial Centre, somewhere near Shanghai Cafe. This nail boutique has been in operation for quite sometime, but it is my first visit there. Be assured that it won't be my last visit ;p!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...