Monday, May 10, 2010

A Light Dinner

I wanted to eat something light for dinner. So, S**** and I went back to X Cuisine to have fish slice porridge. As I mentioned before, S**** loved the porridge. Last time, I had a spoonful of hers. So this time, I wanted a bowl to myself. ;p

Fish slice porridge

Well, tonight, the fish slice porridge (RM4.90) did not seem as tasty as it was last week. Both of us found it too bland, and had to ask for light soy sauce. I loved the thick fish slices in the porridge, which were fresh and sweet. Unfortunately, there were only 4 slices of fish at most. I could not have enough of the fish!! What I disliked about was the deep-fried shallots were a nuisance. They were those that were commercially fried, and were hard as stone. I must remember tell them I did not want those shallots in my food.

Century egg

We ordered a plate of century egg (RM1.90) to eat with our porridge. It had but six slices. We asked for extra pickled ginger, and the waitress kindly obliged.

S**** wanted to try the salad prawns (RM8.50). The deep-fried prawns were succulent and coated generously with thick flavoured mayo, then sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds. It was not bad, actually.

Deep-fried salad prawns

Well, it seems that I've been going to this little eatery every weekend. Lolx. It's just that there's a lot of items to try!! ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...