Sunday, June 26, 2011

Honey Baked Lamb Chop

Before we parted ways, my friends and I had a meal at Pat Kin Pat Sun 不见不散 Cafe at Taman Shamelin Perkasa, Cheras. They said that this Cafe served the best lamb chop they were able to find in KL. That was a highly disputable claim. But okay, I was interested. I wanted that lamb chop.

It turns out that 不见不散 is a Hong Kong Style Cafe, not unlike so many others mushrooming in town. It is something like Kim Bay, Kim Gary, and Food & Tea, just to name a few. Perusing the menu, I noted that there was an extensive array of items in the menu - from fried rice to sandwiches, cheese baked rice to Hong Kong style Dim Sum.

We ordered 3 sets of Honey Baked Lamb Chop. And while waiting for our orders to arrive, we had some Dim Sum.

Yam Puffs or Taro Dumplings as indicated in the menu

Cross section of yam puff
The yam puff was delicious. Its taste reminded me of my favourite pastry back in Kuching.

Phoenix Claws
These were also yum. It was tender, with the flavour of the black beans coming through nicely, and slightly sweet. Just as I like it.

And finally, the star of the meal, the Honey Baked Lamb Chop arrived.

Ta-da!
At RM17.90, there were 2 large pieces of lamb shoulder, grilled and then glazed with honey. Hence, it was on the sweet side. The lamb was served with coleslaw, fries and a small bun. The portion was rather huge, so we thought the price was reasonable.

Well, there seems lots of things to try here at Pat Kin Pat Sun 不见不散 Cafe. I must come again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...