Thursday, June 12, 2014

Disappointing Dinner

I suggested to AT to have dinner at Top Point .... and he agreed with me, reluctantly though. He'd been there only once years ago, and I guessed he wasn't too impressed back then. So when we reached the food court, the massive crowd there literally blew him away. Lol. He then got pretty excited as he surveyed the stalls.

The condiments

We decided to eat at Bukit Mata Seafood, stall 25. There was a sizeable number of diners in front of the stall, so we assumed that the food should be ok. Unfortunately, it was not. I was disappointed with 3 out of the 4 dishes! Perhaps we ordered the wrong thing? I did not know ........ but here was what we had.

 Sea cucumber soup
Not complaining about the ingredients, just the taste .... and when added poor quality black vinegar into it .... it seemed quite difficult to stomach. Not recommended. 

 Seafood Tofu
The tofu itself was quite yum .... it was crisp on the outside, and yet soft and egg-y inside ... just that the sauce itself was not that great; the pink surimi sticks totally spoiled the picture ..... That old and cheap looking plastic plate did not help either

 Assorted mushrooms stirfry
Again, this dish was pretty much tasteless 

Deep-fried black pomfret
Probably the best dish that night .... 

Hmn .... for the four dishes and 2 bowls of rice, we paid RM50.70 .... AT said it was reasonable .... but I thought it tasted awful. Never again do I want to eat at this stall.

The drink also disappointed. AT requested the lemon be juiced ... but I think the juicer was not cleaned properly .... look at the orange coloured residue from carrots ..... eeew ... 

 Hot lemon

What? Bring my own drink next time?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...