Sunday, June 8, 2014

Kolomee @ Hong Huat Cafe

I jumped into the car. AT and I were heading for breakfast. We hadn't decided where to go .....

Want to go to Siniawan? AT asked.

Of course I did! I had no idea what was the attraction there .... so I was game to go have a look. We both did not know where it was. A google search revealed that it was on the way to Bau.

Hence, AT decided to bring me to Kota Sentosa for breakfast .... as it was conveniently along the way.

Kota Sentosa was really very crowded on a Sunday morning .... and the car crawled along the road. We were so fortunate to get a parking spot right in front of a coffee shop called Hong Huat. That was where our breakfast stop was.


We ordered 2 bowls of kolo mee ....

Kolo Mee

There was a big portion of noodles, which tasted very springy and bouncy ..... It did look dry, but do not be deceived. Just toss it well with the aromatic shallot oil and broth at the bottom of the bowl to result in very moist and tasty noodles. Minced pork was not used here ... and instead the noodles were garnished generously with slices of red charsiu .... 

I'd say that the noodles were good. Yes, if I were in the vicinity, I would not mind stopping by for a bowl of noodles ... but I wouldn't drive all the way here just for this, if you know what I mean ....

AT went to chat with the coffee shop proprietor for a while to get more information about Siniawan ... soon, we were on our way ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...