Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Laksa @ Fu Xiang Food Centre

The best laksa in Kuching? Hmn .... some people say so. It's very subjective, really ....

The stall

 Sunday Market Laksa, RM5.00
at Fu Xiang Food Centre, Rubber Road 

The prawns .... 

Gravy .... not too oily, not too spicy, good consistency, and just lemak enough. It has an old school taste to it which I liked.

Noodles .... well-blanched and the portion was generous ....

Condiments .... the prawns and the chicken and beansprouts were there. What was missing? The egg omelette!!! How can that happen?

And the laksa also did not come with the compulsory belacan and lime. Did I have to ask for it? Was that the practice here? Hmn .... I was not sure, really. But the laksa was great tasting enough without the lime, that was for sure.

But what was great about the laksa was the prawns .... they were ultra succulent and Q, juicy and sweet! I loved the prawns lots, and I did not think there was elsewhere I could find such prawns ....

The best laksa in Kuching? Well .... maybe for some. For me, it was very good, yet I'd demand the missing strips of egg omelette and a generous serving of belacan and lime.

* * *

This post was written a few weeks back, and D had just informed me that the stall operator had passed away. My condolences to the family, if it is indeed true. And in that case, this post is irrelevant now. RIP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...