Sunday, May 17, 2015

Cousin J's Wedding Reception

My cousin J's wedding reception dinner was held at Meisan Restaurant at Grand Margherita Hotel. But the food was terrible. I was disappointed because the last wedding banquet which I had attended here was actually great! 

Hot & Cold Combination 

Fish Lip Soup with Eight Treasures
Hardly any treasures inside ... very meagre with ingredients .... all water and starch

Dragon & Phoenix Combination
Third Aunt said the chicken was not fresh

Steamed Sea Bass With Superior Soya

Meisan Buttered Prawn With Curry Leaf and Bird Chilli
This was a terrible dish because the prawns weren't fresh - the meat was already soft, and not at all succulent. 

Braised Chinese Cabbage with Abalone Slice and Black Mushroom

Braised E-Fu Noodle With Seafood
The taste wasn't nice, the noodles soft, and the seafood? Where? You call that bit of prawn and cuttlefish rings seafood? 

Mini Chocolate Cake

My parents who sat at the main table, however, sang praises of the food ..... so there must be a double standard here ......

2 comments:

  1. The food from very nice restaurant looks nicer than these food. I think so..

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...