Friday, November 20, 2009

A Good Start To My Holiday?

I'm on my way to KL for a week. I arrived at Miri Airport early and proceeded to check myself in at the kiosk. I have a bag, but there is no problem as I can just drop it in at the baggage drop-in counter. There's a banner beside Counter 1 that says "Baggage Drop-In".

Happily, after printing out my boarding pass at the kiosk, my friend and I went for a meal at 1901's. Then, I made my way to Counter 1 once more, intending to drop-in my bag. The counter was not open yet, but there was already a long queue.

Ignoring the daggers looks of some people who were in the queue, I headed to the front. At the same time, the Airasia lady came and got ready to open the Counter 2.

She crossed over to Counter 1 to take a bundle of baggage tags, and I asked her politely if Counter 1 was where I could drop-in my bag. She had her back to me as she was reaching for the tags. When she did not answer immediately, I thought she did not hear me. When she turned around, she said in an annoyed tone that I had to queue.

By this time, the whole queue had shifted to Counter 2, and Geez. It was nine miles long. I was not going to queue! I had checked-in! I just wanted to drop-in my bag!

I thought the whole point of self check-in was to avoid those long queues. Sure, if I had no baggage, it would not be a problem. I would just check myself in and head straight to the departure hall.

The problem arose because I had a baggage.

So I parked myself at Counter 1 as the lady told me that it would be opened in a while. I waited for about 5 minutes before a guy arrived to open up Counter 1. Luckily I did not have to wait for long. And luckily he seemed friendlier. Else, I'd give a whole lot of people a piece of my mind.

Honestly, anger was already brewing at the way the lady spoke to me. The thought of having to queue at Counter 2 seemed to make it worst.

Sigh. Can I suggest to Airasia to have a specific Baggage Drop-In counter in Miri Airport so that passengers who have to check-in their baggage do not have to wait for long?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...