Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Silver Spoon

Everyone's been talking about The Silver Spoon. It's at the Miri Waterfront area, facing BSN.

One fine afternoon, after a successful shopping spree with much money spent, my friend and I headed there for a late lunch. It was about 3 p.m., and the place was practically empty. We had ...

Lemon Tea Sour Plum Freeze, RM7.90
Very pricey for a glass of drink. Thankfully I loved it for its sour and refreshing taste.

Pork Belly Soy, RM18.00
The pork was rather tasty, sweet and salty at the same time. Originally it is served on top of a Parmesan Mashed Potato. However, my friend and I thought it was weird to eat Pork Belly Soy with spuds. So we asked for rice instead.

White Rice

Deep-fried Pork Belly with Chilli Lime Sauce, RM10.90
The pork was seasoned and then deep-fried till it's crispy. It was alright, but not really a to-die-for kinda dish.

Pig In A Blanket, RM20.00
It sounds good but it's a big disappointment. Well, it's basically chicken sausages, wrapped in bacon - 4 skewers altogether! There was a choice of sauces and I asked for the honey mustard sauce. Even then, the sauce did not do much to complement the sausages. The salad was forgettable, really. The only thing I enjoyed was the mash. In the end, I took home 3 skewers and it took me 3 days to finish eating them. Lol.

Almond Jelly & Longan, RM3.50
This was a light and refreshing end to the meal.

The bill came to RM72.95, inclusive of 10% service charge. Very pricey indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...