Sunday, November 20, 2011

Muka Bantal

Puan Hajah Serina Sauni is one of the best principals I've known. She is currently the principal of SM Sains Miri. I've listened to her 3 times on the same topic but she never bores me. She's a good speaker, always delivering her messages with lots of humour. She had us entertained even though her session was as long as 3 hours!

One particular concept that struck me was what she termed as "Muka Bantal". Translated to English, it means "a pillow face". What she means is that some of us never take the trouble to dress up for work - going from our bed straight to work. Hence, we bore our students who have to look at our faces from 6.40 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. Imagine such torture they have to go through, looking at our drab appearances for such long periods of time. Well, it makes perfect sense. According to her, the students have to be interested in YOU first before they are interested in YOUR subject. Puan Hajah Serina says that we should all bowl our students over with colourful outfits and perhaps a hot hairdo.

Well, arrest me and put me in jail for not dressing up for my students all this while. Plus, I go to work sans make-up. Why? I can't be bothered. It takes too much time to colour those eyelids and paint those cheeks rosy. And I'm always pressed for time early in the morning. I don't even dab on my lipstick as I don't really have that habit. I do ensure that I tone, moisturise, use a sunblock, and powder my face though.

So, will I do it in the future? Hmn. I can't see myself wearing make up for work, but perhaps I'll work on that lipstick.

According to Puan Hajah Serina too, we should pamper ourselves as we just work too hard in school. She urges us lavish ourselves with bags, shoes and clothes. And may I add spas and body massages and facials and manicures and pedicures to that?And so, there are plenty that I want to do in the next month, some of which include doing my hair, going for a facial and my nails, and splurging on new clothes and shoes. ;)) Can't wait.

In fact, I spent this afternoon having a pedicure at a newly-opened nail outlet - Sam's Nail. It's only 3 weeks old, operated by a young lady named Sammi who has had vast experience working on nails in Kuching.

I know Halloween's out but I still like to be
dark and vampy in O.P.I W44 Mrs O'Leary's BBQ

The promotional price now is RM28 for a pedicure. I think she did a great job compared to my regular joint. And so if anyone is thinking of pampering their feet, try Sam's at Pujut 4A (near First Choice Curry Fish Head & Lou Wai Lou). Do give her a call to book a session 016-878 6768.

4 comments:

  1. Did Pn Serina Sauni inherit the Muka Bantal principle from Kolej TDTH Bujang or Tanjong Lobang College from which I heard all those teachers used to wear new clothes every month until the college "became" a place to look for a partner in life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in no position to say as I did not study there. But according to my former colleague, who was a student of hers at the school, she and her colleagues indeed dressed to kill. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hajah serina is currently at institut aminuddin baki bandar enstek nilai as a pengarah n frm ur story i indeed agreed with u she's owesome she's dress well always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we are sad to lose her as our pengarah! She's really an exemplary leader. She was my respect. :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...