Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fratini's

My friend and I were talking about pasta that afternoon .... so inevitably ... we wanted to get some for dinner. Hmn ... any idea where to get some GOOD pasta in Miri? Choices are really limited here .... and my friend and I ended up at Fratini's.

All my years here in Miri and I had NEVER eaten here before. Till now.

My friend and I arrived at about 6.00 p.m. We did not make any reservations, but there were plenty of vacant tables as it was still early. Then we were shown the menu .... from which we ordered 2 mains ...

Linguine Al Frutti Di Mare, RM27.00
Linguine with seafood, chilli, fresh herbs and tomato sauce. Well, the pasta was al dente, and coated with sweet and tangy tomato sauce, and delicately flavoured with fresh herbs. Seafood ingredients included prawns, cuttlefish and a single mussel. Not bad, but the portion was relatively small.  

 Pizza Del Macelaio, RM32.00
This translates to be "The Butcher's Pizza" or more aptly, the meat lover's pizza. It had tomato sauce, grated cheese, beef rashes, peperoni, chicken sausage, beef salami, chicken pastrami and minced beef. Hmn .... the crust was not too thick and crispy ... but well ... I did not think I bit into any minced beef at all. Was it yum? Hmn ... I'd say not really.

While my friend enjoyed a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice ..

Orange juice, RM9.00

I had a glass of cafe late ... 

 Cafe Latte, RM8.50

I liked the ambience ... it was rather relaxing, and my friend and I had a great time chatting away. We both enjoyed the pasta more than the pizza. We paid RM82.00 for the meal. It was very pricey indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...