Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Zen Q Desserts Once More

Somebody recommended us the Zen Q Grass Jelly served on soy-flavoured shaved ice. So, my friends and I drove all the way there to have our SECOND round of dessert for the night.

ZenQ Grass Jelly on Soy flavoured shaved ice, and served with milk
Lol ... the funny thing was that upon their first mouthful, my friends did not like the taste of the soy. I could not fathom why, as I totally loved the fragrant soy ice. Yums .... The grass jelly was rather smooth and light and slippery. And the other items - sago pearls, crystal noodles, Q Yuan - were of course rather chewy. I finished two-thirds of the bowl, I think! 

 My friends preferred this bowl of grass jelly flavoured shaved ice, topped with stewed adzuki or red beans, sago pearls, and a dollop of vanilla ice-cream. Me? hmn .... I did not mind the beans and pearls and the ice .... but I thought the ice-cream did not suit at all. So .... I left the entire bowl for my friends to finish ......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...