Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Ban Mian 板面 @ Min Joo Kee

We were at Min Joo Kee at about 6.45 a.m., and found that there were a lot of people having their breakfast already! There was kolo mee (definitely!) and porridge and chicken rice and banmian 板面. Other stalls have not started their operations yet. I saw the vendor rolling pieces of the noodle dough, and was tempted to try the banmian that morning.

Dry Ban Mian, RM5.00

Not bad, this dish was rather tasty - tastier than some places that I know of in Kuching. I liked the texture of the noodles, which was thin and soft, and yet not mushy. The oils that coated the noodles were rather aromatic. Other ingredients included minced pork, shredded mushroom, shredded black fungus, anchovies and cangkuk manis. Suffice to say that I liked and would recommend this! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...