Monday, July 10, 2017

It's Really There!

And so after work today, I headed over to Guardian Pharmacy, where I bought Cetaphil Moisturising Cream last Thursday. It was there, where I had last used my lost credit card.

So I walked in and saw the manager behind the cashier's. Well, I know she's the manager because I've seen her all the time when I bought stuff here at this particular Guardian Pharmacy that's near my house. Anyway, the manager was assisting the cashier with a transaction. So I waited for her to finish before asking her whether I'd left my credit card at the shop ...

Her reply was affirmative. She asked me what kind of card it was and asked to see my IC ... and then she proceed to a small office at the back of the shop. I waited outside the office, but through the open door, I could see her opening a small safe inside there, and taking out my credit card which she'd kept  in a ziploc bag inside the safe.

Coming out from the office, she returned the card to me, saying that she would keep customers' cards safely. Heh. I would suppose that there would be such incidents when customers left their credit cards behind from time to time. The manager then asked me to check whether the card had been used .... I assured her that I'd checked with the bank already. I shared with her about I realised that the card was missing ... and she was really sympathetic. Heh. I thanked her profusely before I left. It actually made me feel good that she had taken care of my card, keeping it in the safe and all. I'd give her the highest commendation!

Gosh! How careless and absentminded I was to have left my card behind at the shop! I must have been overly stressed about the condition of my face to fully concentrate on my shopping. But then, of course it wouldn't have been fair to blame it entirely on me. The cashier too had probably forgotten to give it back to me.

Anyway, I do really appreciate the shop manager for keeping my card in good hands. I appreciate her honesty and integrity.

Update of my face. Condition has improved. The skin was still dry and a bit tight. I felt a tingling sensation on my left cheek since last night and all morning - the part that was probably the worst damaged However, the colour had lightened substantially. I still look a bit tanned, and I still can't do without Cetaphil. I'm certain that I'm on the mend. Slowly, but surely. 

7 comments:

  1. good to hear that ur credit card is in safe hands...Nowadays it's rare to see kind people around. I can't afford to be careless with my belongings, coz most of the time, once it is gone, it's GONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this the guardian near airport? i love the guardian branch at green heights mall, they have very wonderful customer service! anyway, glad that u found ur credit card! hope ur face get better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals. I've just written a feedback for Guardian at their website about this little incident. I wanted them to know that they've got a gem of an employee here - the outlet's not near the airport. It's located at the shops at the Simpang Tiga traffic light. My face has gotten much better. Still dry, but not painful anymore. Don't need as much Cetaphil. On the way to recovery :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. The manager is a gem, so honest and professional.
    By the way, have you tried shea butter. I've tried it and it has improved my skin tremendously. The fun part is you can customise it with your favourite oils. I mixed mine with tea tree, lavender and jojoba oils. Experienced much fun when whipping everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sintaicharles, it did not occur to me to try shea butter, thanks for telling me. I'll be on the look out for it the next time I go shopping. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shea butter is not commonly available in local pharmacies unless you order from Lazada like me. For fast relief try coldpressed virgin coconut oil too.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the tips, sintaicharles. i really appreciate it. :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...