Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Eh? Changed His Mind ....

D texted me to say that he wanted to try the noodles at Noodle Descendants at Padungan. He'd never been there before in his life! I was aghast! How could he call himself a Kuchingite??

I'd warned him of the long wait, and of course, went through the rules by him .... Must queue, just sit and wait patiently, etc ... and I thought he understood. I even told him to charge his phone so that he could play with it while waiting .......... 

We reached there 10 minutes before 8.00 a.m., and the queue for the table was short .... I counted 3 persons ahead of me only. It would only take a jiffy ..... 

Queue up, I told D.

And he was put off by even that ....................... Goodness! He changed his mind immediately and decided to go elsewhere. 

Where?????? I demanded.

I bring you somewhere better, he said.

What????? I thought Noodle Descendants was the best there was!!! How could there be an even better noodle joint?

D lied. We merely went across the the road to Min Hong Kee. Lol.

Well, over here, there were also plenty to eat, with a number of difrerent stalls within the coffee shop. What was good? 

 Laksa, RM4.00 or RM5.00

Yummy ....
The laksa was really good. All the ingredients were correct, i.e. the beansprouts, chicken, omelette and prawns. And I loved the broth which was tasty and lemak. What I loved even more was the coriander which garnished the whole dish. That made the laksa superb, highly recommended.

 Kolomee, with Liver, RM4.50

 The kolomee was alright...... the noodles were blanched just right and was rather Q ... only that the taste of it wasn't really to-die-for ...

I overheard someone ordering kompia and thought I'd order too. D said I was a busybody. Oh well .... 

Kompia with minced pork, RM1.00 each

D and I both ate one each ..... and took away the rest ...
The kompia here was deep-fried, hence it induced plenty of guilt. I also did not like the filling which I found to be on the sweet side. It was also sticky ... meaning there was use of starch. 

What? They have popiah here? I exclaimed when I saw that many people were eating ..... D rolled his eyes at me. 

I got my wish to try the popiah. I took away 2 pieces. 

RM2.00 per piece
I loved the popiah more than the kompia .... Compactly rolled with sweet peanut sauce .... crunchy and textural .... and dip it in the sweet chilli sauce .... nice. I liked. 

Well .... so much for wanting to have breakfast at Noodle Descendants. We strayed. But I did not regret it. :P Next time, D. Will bring you again to try the "bestest" noodles in Kuching!! 

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...