Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thrice A Week

AT and I went to Noodle Descendants, his first time. So I had to show him the ropes, i.e. where to queue and the unwritten rules that were observed here at this noodle shop, that only the regulars would know. The rule of thumb, well .... queue for a table, and when securing one, sit down patiently to wait till served ...... Else one would get scolded for sure.

A few days later, I went with Dad .... and it being a weekend, we had to wait much longer. About 50 minutes to be exact. At any one point, there were only 3 tables eating, and the rest would be waiting .....

Oh, and we bumped into Fifth Aunt at the shop too .... and she paid for our meal. Thanks, Fifth Aunt!

Waiting ... waiting ... 

Such delight when the bowl of plain noodles was set before me .... 

And the irresistible offal soup to go with the noodles ... 

I asked Dad if he wanted more noodles .... as I could not finish my bowl. AT would help me eat, but Dad declined saying it was too much for him as well. And so, to prevent wastage, I brought my noodles home. 

See, I had came prepared with my Tupperware container .... and I would heat up my noodles and have them the next day .... 

As we got up to leave, there was a long line of people waiting .... 

Well, this continued to be one of my favourite noodle shops in Kuching. Like.

Previous post about Noodle Descendants here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...