Monday, May 5, 2014

Dinner @ Overseas Seafood Restaurant

First up, I walked into the wrong washroom. The men's! No wonder I found the toilet to be so dirty. Goodness, they staff saw me walking into it, and never bothered to come tell me. How embarrassing for me!

Hmn .... Ok. When AT decided to come here, I was not excited at all. For one, I did not think I found the food here to be particularly yum the last time I was here. Read here, my first visit.

 French beans with olive vegetable ...
Quite an interesting combination, though the flavours did not seem to come through .... 

Venison with angled gourd, tofu, leek and carrots ...
Again, I thought it was weird to combine angled gourd into the whole dish .... 

Steamed garoupa with water plums ... 
Pretty sour it was ..... 

Hmn .... again, I'm still not finding the food here to be particularly good somehow .... perhaps their cooking style did not suite my palate. Don't know, really .....

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you didn't know that someone like me is reading and following your story...from your teaching life at Miri, till your vacation to places, New Zealand, Australia, China, KL then back to Home Town, and now back for good to Kuching, with your love one (AT) and perhaps expecting soon? It's like knowing someone and reading her simple life on the blog yet very interesting making we wanna to read more...Sad that you are no longer in Miri but we looking forward for more your post on your life at Kuching. And good luck for your future journey. Thank you for being the ambassador of Miri City for the past two decades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lim. I'm so glad for your encouraging words; and it would definitely help and motivate me to write on. I'm quite settled in already by now, and am learning new things at the new workplace. There's still much more left to explore here in Kuching, especially since I haven't been around here for many years. AT is a long time friend, and my lepak and makan buddy, but perhaps one day he will be more than that? I do not know. For now, I am very happy to be under the care of my close relatives. Do read my stories that follow ..... Thanks again, Lim. I am sure touched by your comment. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...