Sunday, May 11, 2014

Stressed About Food?

Second Aunt has been feeding me ..... now that Mom and Dad are away. I appreciate her generosity a lot, but Second Aunt is the kind that overdoes it. And she's been giving me lots and lots of food that I have trouble finishing them .....

In my fridge now are leftovers. Lots of them. And here is a list ...
a) A portion of kacangma chicken
b) 2 portions of braised pork
c) 1 portion of fried chicken
d) 1 portion of char siew
e) A bit of rice
f) 1 1/2 loaves of bread
g) A bag of organic okra
h) A bag of organic kailan
i) A packet of kolomee
j) A large steamed bun
k) 2 portions of minced pork
l) A chicken drumstick

And there I have only one little stomach. Never thought I'd stay this, but I actually feel so stressed looking at and thinking of the amount of food that's leftover.

Of course I told Second Aunt about it ..... but she did not want to listen to me. How now?

Second Aunt made dinner for me .... kept a portion of the bittergourd, and all of the chicken for another meal cause I could not finish them .... 

 One portion of braised pork eaten, 2 portions left .... 

 Another portion of fried chicken left .... 

Kept all the rice I could not finish, and one fine morning, decided to make fried rice to bring to work

So ... if famine were to occur now, I'd still live for a while longer because of all the food I stored in the fridge. Someone help me finish, please ..............

Anyways, I just want to wish my mom and my Second Aunt a happy mothers' day .... I'm so blessed to have you in my live to always take care of me. This year, unfortunately, I do not get to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom again .... but hope that I can treat her to a meal when she comes back in 2 weeks' time. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...