Friday, May 16, 2014

Shopping & Lunch At The Spring

I went with my friend D to shop for shirts. Working shirts to be specific. It's probably a first for me. Actually, men's working shirts are mostly the same, are they not? Only now, they have slimmer cuts. Vain D opted for slimmer cuts, and he only wanted them in shades of blue. No use talking him into trying the other colours ..... D claimed that blue is a professional colour. Duh! Boring, in my opinion.

But that day, our shopping trip yielded 2 blue shirts. That done, we went to the newly opened Food Bazaar at The Spring for lunch. Phew! It was packed with the Sunday lunch crowd .... and we could hardly see a vacant table .... and we walked right to the corner of the food court .... and luckily there was a couple who was going to leave. We quickly snapped up the table ... and had to buy our food separately.

There were queues in front of every stall .... but I knew I had wanted to try the Arabic rice stall ....

Chicken Akbari rice set, RM9.80

Well, somehow, I did not think that the food was impressive, but anyway, let me attempt to describe the items on the platter to you. Alright, long grain basmati was evident ... and the rice was loose, fluffy and moist and tasted of exotic spices. It was not bad, the taste. Then there were the wedges ... very crispy .... but were mere those ordinary ones off the frozen sections of the supermarket. The shredded cabbage looked so sorry .... I wished there would be more generous to heap up the plate with those shredded cabbage ... it would at least make the plate looked "fuller" ... see the large part of the plate empty, with only the sauce? Sigh .... that's why I thought it did not impress. The chicken tasted alright, but only when eaten with the salsa and the gravy. I loved the gravy .... which was full of exotic flavours, which I mopped up with the chicken. Well, I do think this dish has potential ... but perhaps needed to be prepped up a little. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...