Monday, May 26, 2014

Lunch @ Expert Food Court 4.5 Mile

D and I went to Boulevard City Megastore that morning. We did not have anything in particular to buy ... just to walk and browse at the shop. The yield? Hmn ... we bought some stuff from Daiso and also Popular Bookstore .... and then that was it! Though the place seemed huge, but we did not stay more than 2 hours .... so maybe it wasn't that huge after all.

It was lunch time, but I did not fancy the stuff at the mall, and requested we go to a coffee shop or food court to eat. D brought me to Expert Food Court at 4.5 mile, but because it was near 1 p.m., there was not much of choice already ....

D ordered the laksa ...

Laksa ... all essential ingredients were there .... and D said it was "okay". Lols.

Meanwhile I had Mr. Fat's boneless fried chicken in butter sauce ... 

My platter, RM5.00 

Why does it look so childish? I exclaimed when the plate was put on the table.

Lols .... it looked to me like some platter of kids' meal. D agreed with me. Hmn .... .... it's the fault of the orange plastic plate, I think.

But D also thought the food looked good. Hmn .... I think there is a lot to improve - both in presentation and in taste. First up, I think the rice isn't fragrant and tasty enough. What's tasty? I think the rice here is super tasty.

The chicken was dry and not well marinated, and lacked much in taste. And the sauce? Hmn ..... I think it's too diluted ... and it did not have much buttery taste. I think I can make a better butter sauce than that! I ate the meat and the fries and the meagre amount of shredded cabbage .... and left much of the rice uneaten. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...