Monday, May 12, 2014

Nasi Ayam Bakar Sambal

I went to The Spring, where the food bazaar had been relocated to upstairs ... and well, I did like the new look of the place! Especially eye-catching were those cage-like enclosures for people to sit on. Great for those who like novelty .... or those who get a kick for being birdies in a cages ....





Sugarbun, The Manhattan Fish Market, Kluang Station, and eventually Kenny Rogers Roasters have been relocated there as well.

From the "Indon" stall, I ordered Nasi Ayam Bakar Sambal ... it looked great in the picture .... but this was what I got ...

My serving of Nasi Ayam Bakar Sambal, RM10.00

Well ... it's just plain old nasi ayam penyet, with grilled chicken instead of deep-fried smashed chicken. I was not too impressed with the presentation, nor with the taste of the food. The chicken and the sambal hardly made an impression, but the little tofu square did. It was piping hot when I bit into it, and I loved the distinctive taste of soy in it. The cabbage, of course, looked downright unappetising.

I was also very uncomfortable with the word "Indon", which to me sounded rude and degrading. Why not just stick with "Indonesian"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...