Saturday, May 24, 2014

Kronut

Kronut or Cronut .... is a hybrid between a croissant and a doughnut.

I was pleasantly surprised to see an outlet at Cityone Mega Mall selling Kronuts .... and I bought one piece. There were plenty of fancy ones to choose from ... some coated with chocolate, and others sprinkled with confectionery.

But I chose the simplest one of all, one dusted with plain icing sugar.

Kronut, RM2.50

Cut across .... 

Well .... texture was airy and soft and yet slightly more dense than the croissant, tasted buttery like a croissant .... and sweet because of the icing sugar. I did quite like it .... except that it was rather fattening ... and induced lotsa guilt. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...