Monday, December 16, 2013

Wedding Lunch Reception @ Overseas Seafood Restaurant Kuching

The restaurant was located near the Kuching International Airport. Its official address was S/L 16, Kuching Square, Jalan Lapangan Terbang. It was opened at the end of last year .... so it would have been in business for over a year already!

My cousin K's wedding lunch reception was to be held here. It was a buffet lunch, and we would be using the function hall on the second floor.

 Darn. No pork. That was disappointment no. 1 for me.

We were the first to arrive, my aunts and uncles, my parents and I ...... we were ushered to the second floor. It was a large and spacious hall, so there was plenty of space for people to mingle .... and the kids loved running around the hall. There was a karaoke system in place, and the loud music liven up the celebratory mood indeed .... 

The food was served in large trays on 2 tables on one side of the hall .... and there was a tray of steamed white rice, followed by ... 

Stir-fried noodles 
Mom liked this dish and she ate lots; But I found it to be just alright.  

 Lemon chicken
The chicken was rather crispy, and the sauce was alright. So this dish tasted fine. 

Signature tofu
Later on, there would be a orange-pink coloured sauce poured over the tofu .... and to be honest, the tofu was much tasteless and the texture was floury. I took one bite and left the rest uneaten. 

Luo Han Cai
This dish was devoid of meat; I quite liked the soft and flavourful gluten seeped in the dark vegetarian sauce. Quite tasty. 

 Buttered prawns
The butter-flavoured prawns were not bad too .... 

 But everyone loved this simple dish of stir-fried celery and prawns .... ; the vegetables so refreshing and crunchy and the bouncy prawns were yums; 

My opinion? Well ... the food was a pretty standard fare. Some dishes were alright, and some were not. Overall, I was not so impressed.

3 comments:

  1. Superb reception party!! The seafood looks very luscious. Want to try this sea food for my wedding reception at one of LA venues. This will be something quite wonderful for my guests. Surely everyone will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...