Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Wedding In The Family

I'm rarely in Kuching for family occasions. This trip, however, coincided with my cousin K's wedding. Though he's my cousin, I had not seen him for more than 10 years! So I could barely recognise him in his pre-wedding photographs. Lol.

It's always exciting to have a wedding in the family. It's a time when the family reunites in merriment. Early in the morning, we went over to the house.

The red cloth flower above the door way, heralding good luck

Double happiness stickers on the wall

Old kerosene lamp
This kerosene lamp had been in existence since I was a child! So I was a bit fascinated with it on the offering table ..... 

A pair of chickens .... to symbolise good luck

Door gift for dinner reception
Inside the red pouch were a pair of chopsticks to signify longevity and a little bag of rice too

The bridal bouquet ...

The bridal car ...

We spent the entire morning at the family home .... I'd actually not been there for a while, so I took time exploring the house. It was also my childhood home, where I grew up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...