Friday, December 13, 2013

Steamed Peanut Ball

The other day, a student presented for me to try, some Steamed Peanut Balls. He said they were from Kenyalang in Kuching, that his mom had brought it all the way back to Miri.

Huh? Were they so delicious that they were worth bringing back from Kuching? And from Kenyalang too? It's my neighbourhood, but how come I had never bought these peanut balls to eat?

Ask your mom where she bought them, I requested.

The next day, he came back and told me that his Mom had bought them from one of the stalls at the Kenyalang Wet Market at RM0.40 each.

I did like the piece of Peanut Ball that I tried that day. So this trip home, I made it a point to search for the Steamed Peanut Balls. I surveyed every stall ... and it was not difficult to find, really. If you stood facing the row of stalls selling cakes, it was the first stall. The couple selling .... well .... Mom called her "The Tall Lady". Lol. She was always nicely made up, and had her hair tied in a bun.

Steamed Peanut Balls, RM0.40 each

Well .... I liked the pastry, which was chewy. The filling of chopped peanuts and sugar was also generous. As a result, you get to have peanut and pastry with every bite. Quite pleasant to eat, only that Mom said that it was a bit too sweet. It's subjective, however, for I found the level of sweetness to be just nice. For only RM0.40 each, well .... I could not ask for more. :))

1 comment:

  1. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. Best size peanut ball for labor

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...