Saturday, December 21, 2013

Mitsu Tea House @ BDC

AT came over to Kuching, and we went for tea at Mitsu Tea House. It's one of his favourite hang-outs here. We sat outside the outlet along the corridor, though one could sit in the air-conditioned interiors of the shop.

There was an extensive menu here, but we chose to have light bites ....

Xiao Long Bao
Each mini bao was served in a foiled cup to hold it in place; I found the pastry to be just a wee bit thicker than I would like it to be, but still bearable, I would say. When I bit into it, the soup did spill out ... inside was not really compactly filled with minced pork but the filling was rather tasty though. We had our pastry with the accompaniment of malt vinegar and shredded ginger; We asked for MORE shredded ginger sans the malt vinegar ... but then our request was either misunderstood or disregarded. This outlet was really stingy with the ginger .. sigh.  Maybe should bring my own next time. 

Beancurd rolls
  I did not like this dish ... I found the filling to lack texture, and I also did not find the sauce to be pleasant

Custard Lava Steamed Bun
I quite liked this fluffy steamed bun; the pastry was soft and not too dense. But the filling was delicious - rich, slightly salty and not cloying sweet, and also in good consistency. Only that I did not really like the bright yellow colouring which I thought looked a bit artificial; They could have used something more natural .... 

Mango pudding and Guilingao
I did not eat these two desserts so .... no comment ... 

Well ... I would not say that the food here was really that impressive, though the ambience was quite alright. I did have quite a pleasant time catching up with AT over tea ... :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...