Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cheap Local Cakes

I went to the market early in the morning, just to browse. So I walked up and down the aisles .... and saw a stall selling freshly fried curry puffs and fritters. There was an old man there, manning the stall ... and he was assisted by a few other younger men and women.

His business was good, with lots of people stopping by to buy his wares. I hovered over the stall, and finally decided to buy a peanut cake, a curry puff and a piece of banana fritter. They were all generous in size, and overflowed a small saucer. See picture.

Local cakes

The thing was, they cost  me only RM1.20! I felt that they were so cheap, as these would easily cost over RM2.00 in Miri! Though cheap, the vendor did not scrimp on the ingredients ..... the peanut pancake was filled with lots of chopped peanuts. Though the curry puff was slightly hollow inside, it was tasty ... especially because it was still warm and the crust was crispy, salty and quite tasty. The banana fritters were yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...