Thursday, December 12, 2013

Homecoming Laksa

Dad texted me, just to tell me not to eat dinner, as there was laksa awaiting me at home. The laksa was cooked by my Second Aunt .... 

My bowl of homecooked laksa

It was rather late when I reached home, and I really did not want to eat dinner anymore ... but then, looking at the laksa spread on the table, and because I did not want to disappoint the old folks, I ate some.

I assembled my own bowl ..... filling it with rice vermicelli, prawns, egg omelette, bean sprouts, and chicken. Then, there was the squeeze of lime before I tucked in. The laksa tasted delicious, as the gravy was very thick and rich. It suited my palate just fine. Everything my Second Aunt cooked suited my palate somehow. :))  

Sigh ........................ Home sweet home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...